COWSHED

Thursday 11 September 2008

Grey days and wedding bores

The wedding planning has treaded water rather this week. I am still excited about getting married but I don't wish to give my life over to it. I would like to enjoy being engaged, which I am doing, but I do not want to be one of those people whom others think, secretly, "gosh, you'd think she was the first person ever to get married or to plan a wedding...". I would like to go out for drinks and chat to friends without the entire conversation being dominated by flower arrangements, or hair styles, or make-up themes. In short, I do not want to become a wedding bore.

Aside from wedding planning excitement, obviously, life feels a little grey. It's not that there are not exciting things happening, there are, it's just I feel a little down. Perhaps it is the time of year. It's hard to get excited about more wet and grey weather. Dampness and a chill, piles of wet washing but it is far too early to start using the central heating, never mind far too bloody expensive.

Summer is over. Autumn is here. Yet is feels like there has not really been a proper summer, nor last year either. We went to Italy for sunshine in June. It rained. We went to Cornwall and had blazing sunshine the day we got engaged and rain again the day before and afterwards. I just hope next summer is a good one. I've already placed my order for sunshine.

...

3 comments:

Modelmental said...

don't be blue... weather gets me down too. have you started thinking of honeymoons yet? that always gives me a sunshine fix, albeit online!

Rachel said...

Indeed I have - we have I think settled on part in Cornwall and part in Morocco but no final decisions. You?

Cate Subrosa said...

That's what your blog is for... so you can get all your wedding thoughts out there with others who are interested and not be a bore in real life!