COWSHED

Wednesday 12 November 2008

Flowers (2)

...
Supermarket carnations transformed into a wedding bouquet
Image from RealSimple.com
...

This is one of the things I love about blogging, the sense of community, the sense of friendship. I posted about flowers and since then several readers have pointed out helpful things to me. Guilty Secret (who should be busy being married) indicated a nursery which sells roses for 1/10th the price of the independent florist. CeeCee told me that A cup of Jo featured a piece on doing wedding flowers with wraps bought from the supermarket.

...


Bouquet of roses by Marie Labbancz

...

The roses are much like how I imagine my bouquet to look, except with less ribbon (and it being blue) and without the diamante and pearl rosary, which I am sorry to say that despite allegedly being blessed by the Pope I feel it looks rather tacky. Or perhaps I am just not a diamante sort of girl. But I love the roses.

...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are both BEAUTIFUL bouquets! I can totally see both looking divine---or I could even see doing just roses for your bridal bouquet, then doing a mix of roses and carnations for your maids.

The great thing about both types of flowers is that they look so bountiful and yet so clean and simple at the same time...

Can't wait to see what you decide (and still waiting for more dress pics :)

Modelmental said...

In ignorance, I told my florist 9 odd months ago "No Carnations!" and now I'm hopelessly, desperately in love with them. Love the top bouquet! Roses = always lovely.