COWSHED

Friday 9 January 2009

The Invitations (part one)

...
We are writing our invitations ourselves and I do not like the idea of adding anything other than the traditional wording to the invitation itself. We may add an RSVP card but I am not sure. We certainly won't be including anything about presents (especially not anything with the line your presence is present enough and certainly not "We are happy to accept your presence on our day as a gift in itself" which is the wording one wedding advisor thought was acceptable. 'Happy to accept' - are you insane, how rude would that sound?) and we most definitely won't be including an A-Z of weddings (yes, someone I know received one. Guess what sentence was listed against 'P'...).
So, what we are probably going to include is an A4 map which I have drawn/calligraphied (somewhat in the style of Laura Hooper but much more relevant to us) and have included on there for further details please see our wedding website. On that website there is a brief reference to presents as we are not stupid enough to think that people won't think about presents. It's a wedding. It's customary to bring a present. What we have said is that we want people to feel comfortable rather than obliged and that there is a list of sorts with my mother if people would like an insight into our tastes and needs.
Map completed we now need to start the task of writing and painting the invitations themselves. Once they are finished I shall attempt to photograph them and show you. I may even try and scan the map if I am able to do so without giving away the location of the wedding...
...

1 comment:

TAL said...

Hopefully you will be able to capture some picture of these invitations.

I've found that creating a wedding website is a great way to add any additional information you may not want to add in the actual invitation itself.

I hope you have a great wedding.