COWSHED

Monday 5 October 2009

The mind boggles

I know I've been promising some proper posts since last week, but that was before my Grandmother had an emergency operation and we all dashed up to the North to visit her. And before another family member died unexpectedly.

In the meantime I leave you with 2 snippets that made me laugh over the weekend:

* In the local newspaper published in my Grandparents village, which had been brought to the hospital for my Grandmother to read, there was a report about the local W.I group. They had held a competition for their members to bring in an object that they would save if they had to abandon their home, and the winner had brought in (and I quote): "a very personal item, which caused much hilarity". The mind boggles, it really does.

* An e-mail I received from my local freecycle (now known as freegle) group which proclaimed "Offered: Woman's Domination Kit!" and went on to say "It's a black PVC 'domination kit' which has never been used. It comprises of pants, bra, eye mask and whip." I love that she felt the need to point out that it had never been used. Also on offer from the same lady was a small hand held electrolysis machine, a DVD remote control and a hippo water saver for a loo cistern. It's good to know just what stuff people try and keep from landfill. I wonder if she will have any takers.

{I should point out that I am a member of both the W.I and my local freegle/freeycle group. I think they are both fantastic, for different reasons, I just find some of their goings-on amusing}.

No comments: