COWSHED

Saturday 10 October 2009

Things I did this weekend (inc. Friday)


. had a terrible migraine, so bad I thought it was a tummy bug. lay on the floor and vomited for several hours. slept all afternoon. woke to Husband returning with restorative teacakes and lucozade.
. cried over the death of a dog I do not know whilst watching Marley & me. even Husband admits it wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be. {He claims it is only because he "is a sucker for dogs".}
. had an early night and woke up without the aide of an alarm at 9.30am. lay in bed listening to the rain and snuggling with Husband until late morning when the sun came out.
. made apple sauce with apples picked from Husband's parents' garden last weekend whilst Husband turned mushrooms, shallots, courgettes, steak and bread into a tasty lunch.
. did two loads of washing and hung it out in the surprising warm sunshine.
. went to the local tennis courts and played a game of tennis.
. finally tackled the ironing pile but had to put the heating on for the evening to deal with the remainder of the damp and wet washing that was threatening to take over the flat.
. ate hot buttered teacakes and drank tea.
. watched Strictly Come Dancing live for the first time all series.
. ate the most beautiful slow roasted pork neck served shredded with apple sauce, beetroot, ginger and honey and roast potatoes drenched in pork fat. One of the most delicious meals I have eaten in a long time, so good I would have chosen it again had I been served it in a restaurant.
. curled up with Husband on the sofa reading whilst he watched snooker and football.

and then tomorrow I will:

. have coffee with a friend.
. work in the vintage shop.
. attend a pub quiz with some old friends.

I hope you all have had peaceful and happy weekends.

{Image by Smash My Dream of Love via flickr.
She (well, I suppose it to be a her) is my new favourite
and I urge you to have a look at the rest of her work.}

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Urgh migraines are so awful. I get them every so often and they're not nice. Hope you're feeling better x

Rosalie said...

Sounds lovely apart from the migraine. Tomorrow I will be slow roasting pork too! And going for a lovely autumn woodland walk. Have a lovely Sunday :)

Marie said...

I'm glad you had a nice weekend, I think you deserved one :) And yes wasn't the sunny weather lovely on Saturday. M x