COWSHED

Tuesday 9 February 2010

In which I retire at 9.30pm

Beach 1

What's this? Two posts in two days? I must be getting used to things down here in my little corner of Somerset. It has been bitterly cold all week. On Sunday we went for a walk. I walked, Husband played golf. This was the view from the 13th. So windswept, so bleak and so beautiful.

Husband is back in London, like he is every week, and I am enjoying our weekends a deux. Seeing as we don't know anyone down here, from Friday night to Monday morning the only people we talk to are each other. It's only been two weeks but we are falling into a routine of exploring, both the walking version, the driving version and the food version. Each time we go somewhere we try a different place. Last Sunday we drank ginger wine by an open fire in a 15th century hotel in a medieval village. The week before we ate supper amongst antiques and curiosities in a hotel on the harbourside.

As of tonight, I am trying to separate out my postings: Somerset type things will mainly be posted at Somerset Bound which I am also trying to use as somewhat of an online guide to the area. I will continue to post wedding, general pretties, inspiration and photographs here. All these new changes are taking some getting used to, and I haven't quite got my routines figured out yet. The old Peacockfeather would have never gone to bed at 9.30pm, but then she would never have had to leave home at 6.15am to drive 30 miles to a breakfast either...

.image by me.

No comments: