COWSHED

Friday 5 October 2012

Pink Fridays (in support of breast cancer charities)

Today's post is a bit of a mix. I don't usually post so much pink, but this is important. It's about supporting awareness of various breast cancer charities as well as A Safe Mooring and Pink Fridays. It may look just like things to buy, but these are easy ways to support such important charities. 

It's also a chance for an update from me; I've been a little busy of late. I know I'm always saying that, but, I've added more than parenting to the mix. I've started ballet classes again and am continuing with my triathlon training. I've been trying to find time to write. With little success. 

Anyway, the nice people at Panache who sent me a sports bra for my triathlon have launched a pink version to raise awareness and funds for their breast cancer charity, Coppafeel!.  It is being promoted by  Kristina Rihanoff, one of the professional dancers from Strictly Come Dancing - speaking of which, I am very much looking forward to this series of Strictly, far more than any other. Mainly because I love dancing, but also because Victoria Pendleton is one of the contestants and I admire her hugely. An almost girl crush if you will. Similar aged to me, an amazing athlete, an amazing woman. (The inclusion of Louis Smith doesn't hurt either...)



I also discovered the most amazing popcorn - Propercorn. I was given a bag of this at London Fashion Week and thought it was delicious. My favourite was the Sweet and Salty flavour - just brown sugar and sea salt. I happened to notice when bulk buying in Planet Organic earlier this week that Propercorn are donating 10% of their sales of the special packs with a pink ribbon to Breakthrough Breast Cancer this month.  (Propercorn can be bought at Waitrose, Planet Organic & various cafes including Benugo as well as work place canteens, art galleries, Harvey Nichols and all eurostar routes!) So not just extremely tasty, but a way to support the amazing work that the charity carries out as well.

So, to conclude. Support breast cancer charities. Buy products which donate. Hold your own fundraising events (see below). Turn your own blog pink. (and if you do, let me know).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------



On Friday 5th October, bloggers are turning their blogs pink in support of Breast Cancer Care. Join them by turning a Friday pink this October!

Dress pink, eat pink, party pink or work pink. How you turn your Friday pink is up to you. It doesn’t matter how pink you go, we just need you to join the thousands who’ll be raising money during October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month. And if a Friday doesn’t work, just pick a day that does! It doesn’t matter if you raise £20 or £200 at your Pink Friday as every penny will be help us support more people affected by breast cancer today.

SIGN UP NOW to receive your free Pink Fridays fundraising kit and help make 2012 the best year yet!

To see which blogs are turning pink for Pink Fridays, visit A Safe Mooring or follow #pinkfridays.

If you would like to support Breast Cancer Care but can't throw a Pink Friday of your own, you can donate here.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PF&DR did not receive any payment or otherwise from Panache, save for the initial sports bra written about here. PF & DR received a free sample of Propercorn. All words and opinions my own (i.e. if I didn't like it, I'd say so)

No comments: